[audacity4blind] Re: Audacity 2.13

  • From: Jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 22:15:01 +0200

There's a setting, under versions of windows 10 besides home edition, called defer upgrades, which can hold off on actual windows system upgrades, but, will not block anything like a security upgrade.

But, honestly, have no idea how to find/toggle that setting - here's a windows club page about it, but, their mentioned method of getting to the setting seems pretty much irrelevant/useless on my machine currently:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Resistance is futile, but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2017-04-16 21:00, Gene wrote:

I don't know if Windows upgrades are forced. My impression is that they never are but if you don't upgrade, you may lose support at some point or you may not get security updates. At some point, you may want or need to upgrade. I've seen nothing convincing as reasons to upgrade when I read brief discussions about what is contained in the upgrade.
This article contains what I consider to be very good arguments not to upgrade to the latest version unless you are an experimenter or curious. For people wanting stability and predictability, I think it's a bad idea at this time.
Gene