[audacity4blind] Audacity 2.0.5

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:49:52 +0100 (BST)

Audacity 2.0.5 has just been released. The changes include:
1. The low latency wdm-ks audio interface has been removed. This is because if
was causing a very small number of machines to hang or crash. If you're finding
wdm-ks useful, then you may want to stay with 2.0.4. I think the plan is to
reintroduce wdm-ks when this can be done safely.
2. The wording of the align tracks sub menu has been changed. One of the
changes is to include the word start, when aligning the start of the audio, and
this should make things clearer.
3.  The accessibility of the install vst effects dialog has been greatly
improved. Jaws and Window-eyes still don't read the state of the check boxes,
but this appears to be the fault of the screen readers rather than Audacity.

I've updated my Jaws guide to Audacity, and it's available here:
http://goo.gl/Qi2CeD