[audacity4blind] Re: Anyone want to try the new label editor?

  • From: Leland <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:30:08 -0500

On 9/14/06 4:57 AM, "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. My question is - what after that? After I've set a label, how
> can I get Audacity to move the playback cursor to that position in
> the track? What in fact is useful about being able to set a label -
>   how is it useful?

I added this last night.  If you go into the label editor, find the label
you want, and hit enter, the times represented by that label will be
selected across all tracks.  This is similar to what happens when a mouser
clicks a label within a label track.

> 3. I also noticed a weird behavior when cursoring up and down the
> track menu - when cursoring down, edit labels gives the shortcut as
> 'p', which is the shortcut key for the item above it; when
> cursoring up, it gives the shortcut key as 'o', which is the
> shortcut key for the item below it (or vice versa). I haven't heard
> this behavior before from Window Eyes.

I haven't actually tried it with Weyes, but what's even more weird is that
there are ANY "p" or "o" shortcuts assigned.  I wonder where it's getting
them from?????

Leland

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/