[audacity4blind] Anyone want to try the new label editor?

  • From: Leland <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 00:56:43 -0500

I think I have it working okay, so if any of you out there want to give the
latest beta code a go you can get an installer from:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/files/audacity-win-1.3.1-beta.exe

Or a plain old zip file from:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/files/audacity-win-1.3.1-beta.zip

Remember this is beta code, so it might blow up on you or, at the very
least, slam your fingers in the door.  :-)

The label editor can be accessed from the Track menu by selecting the "Edit
Labels" item.

It is a grid similar to spreadsheets and each row has 4 columns with track
number and name, label name, start time of labeled selection, and end time
of labeled selection.

You edit fields by pressing F2 and each field has a different type of edit
control.

The track number and name uses a combo box.
The label name is a plain old edit box.
The start and end selection times use a custom Audacity control that
supports many different time formats which you can select by pressing the
application key while editing the value.  This will popup a menu and you can
select from just about any format you might want.

You may also insert, remove, import, and export labels.

Anyway, if you're feeling adventurous go ahead and download your preferred
flavor.

Leland

The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/