[audacity4blind] Re: An informal questionnaire to list members

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:26:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your response to the questionnaire, and welcome aboard.
I've been a fond CBC Radio 1 listener for twenty years or more, and
have been amazed at the sound production!

Is Dallett open source or commercial software? What are musical
stingers and bumper music? You mentioned having used a grease
pencil to help in editing reel-to-reel tape, what level of eyesight
do you currently have?

Cheers,

David

bob wrote: Hello everyone:

My name is Bob Seed. I've been involved in the broadcast industry
for over thirty years having worked for private broadcasters as
well as the CBC. It goes without saying that most of my recording
and editing work has been with open reel tape using a grease pencil
and a razor blade as tools of the trade. When my coworkers wanted
fine editing done on their project they would bring their master
tape to me, as they knew that I could edit out just about anything
from their work of art. Just about the time that I was to retire a
new form of sound editing was introduced. The computer based
program is called Dallett. It looks and performs much like
Audacity. I am looking forward to working with the program and
perhaps come up with a few audio gems. My specialty is producing
short musical stingers and bumper music.

To unsubscribe from this list please use the following command: