[audacity4blind] Re: Advice for Restarting All Settings?

  • From: Gale Andrews <gale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:44:17 +0100

| From "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
| Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:49:18 +0700
| Subject: Advice for Restarting All Settings?
> If you use windows, do the folowing
> Windows+r open run dialog
> Type in %appdata% and press enter. The application data folder open
> Find and delete the Audacity folder. all of user settings will be deleted.
> Cuong

Yes, with a few caveats.

Audacity must be closed before you do that.

You may not want to remove your Chains or custom EQ curves.
In that case deleting audacity.cfg in the application data folder
is sufficient.

If you still have Audacity 1.2 settings in the Windows Registry,
1.2 settings that still exist in Audacity 2.x will be observed, so
it won't be a factory reset. Uninstalling 1.2 does not remove
those 1.2 settings.

To ensure a factory reset if you have 1.2 settings, open
audacity.cfg and replace all its text with the following

   NewPrefsInitialized=1

Or, run the Windows installer and reset preferences, which
performs NewPrefsInitialized=1.

Gale