[audacity4blind] Re: Adjusting track volume

  • From: "David R. Sky" <davidsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:01:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Joanna,

When you're in a particular track you can select all the track using home, shift+end. Then open effect menu alt+c, click on Amplify. It will offer you a number to amplify your track maximally, use a lesser number than this if you don't want maximum amplification.

I'm not sure in which 1.3.x version the following was implemented: when you're in a track press shift+g. An edit box opens in wich you can type the amount of db to amplify your track, under that if a slider you can amplify or attenuate your track.

I like using the amplify effect better since it tells you how many db you can amplify your selected audio without clipping.

David

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007, Joanna B. wrote:

Hello all,
I'm sorry if this question has been answered before, but I've not been
able to find the answer so far.

I'd like to increase the volume of a track. How is this accomplished?
I have both Audacity version 1.2 and 1.3 and am using the NVDA screen
reader.

If anyone can answer this question, I'd be most appreciative!

Thank you,
Joanna
The audacity4blind website is at
http://users.northlc.com/sberry/