[audacity4blind] Re: Adjusting the volume of part of a track

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:58:37 +0100

Thanks for the comment Robbie. This is exactly the kind of user
feedback that I need.

"Text Envelope" is a plug-in written in the "Nyquist" programming
language. There are a lot of constraints to what can be done in the
interface of a Nyquist plug-in, so there needs to be a careful balance
between providing enough features and flexibility without becoming too
complicated.

In the recent project where you needed to use "Text Envelope", did you
need to use multiple volume adjustments over time, or was it just that
you needed separate control of fade out and fade in times? I'm just
trying to get an idea of how much control and flexibility is needed to
make it both user friendly and useful.

Steve