[audacity4blind] Re: Adjusting the volume of part of a track

  • From: "Robbie" <tickleberryfun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:24:27 +0200

Hi Steve!
I use the Text Envelope occasionally. For a simple voice over I use Auto
Duck, but recently for instance I recorded a song and I wanted most of the
tracks to play low during the last verse. Without Text Envelope I would
not have been able to do this. Only I whish the parameter input could be a
little mor intuitive. I know you want to provide an option to
do several volume adjustments over time, but I think the classic usage is
fade to low and after a while fade to normal again. Why not introduce a
"classic" option with input boxes for the fade length and the target DB
value .

Cheers, Robbie