[audacity4blind] Adjusting the volume of part of a track

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:43:01 +0100

Audacity has an "Envelope Tool" for smoothly adjusting the volume
level over time. Unfortunately this tool is not accessible for blind
users.

I have written a plug-in that aims to make this feature available to
VIP's and other non-mouse users.
The plug-in is called "Text Envelope" and is available from the
Audacity wiki: I'm not sure if direct links are allowed on this
mailing list, but if they are, this is it:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/w/images/0/02/TextEnvelope.ny

My questions are:

1) Is this type of feature of interest to anyone?

2) Has anyone on this mailing list used the text envelope? If so, how
did you get on with it? Are there any improvements that you would like
to suggest?

4) Does anyone use other methods or techniques for adjusting the
volume level of a track over time?

4) Is there some other approach to adjusting the level of part of a
track that you would like implemented? For example, would you like to
be able to make part of track go quieter and then return to the
original volume? Would you like a fade effect that allowed fading
smoothly to a level other than silence?

If you would like to try the text envelope but need help installing or
using it, please ask and I can provide detailed instructions.

Steve