[audacity4blind] Re: Adding two words to a track in Audacity

  • From: Justin Trevino <jtrevino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 17:54:46 -0600

Thanks, Andrew.  That's what I suspected.

On 11/14/2019 5:46 PM, Andrew Downie wrote:

Ah, the plot thickens. Are you using shift-s to solo a track. When I do that with Audacity 2.3.2, the track I am on is shown as soloed and the rest are shown as muted. If you are not getting that response, let us know what is happening.

Justin reminded me of another option for replacing the material. Rather than creating a separate track, you could go to the end of the current track and record the new material. Then select that material, press control-x to cut it and, putting the cursor in the right spot, press control-v to paste it.

Further to Justin’s question, unless I have missed it Audacity does not have an insert facility. That is why all this cutting and pasting is necessary.

Andrew