[audacity4blind] Re: A very long recording

  • From: Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 15:15:30 +0100

The maximum project size that can be saved and reopened successfully
is about 13.5 hours for a sample rate of 44100 Hz. This is a known
issue (bug) that is due to the number of samples being greater than
the highest number that can be represented as a 32-bit number. The
problem is described in the Audacity release notes here:
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_2.0.3#Large_Projects
Unfortunately I don't think that it is possible to recover from this error.

"Orphaned" in this context is like children with no parents (orphans).
In this case it means that there are data blocks in the temporary
folder but Audacity does not know which (parent) project they belong
to.

Steve