[audacity4blind] A couple questions about sound editing

  • From: Nick W GOMBERG <tuc37668@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: audacity4blind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 13:33:09 -0400

Hello,
I have two problems that I've been having when trying to edit. First
of all, I've been dealing with recordings that have clips of varying
volumes, and I am trying to fix it so that the whole recording is the
same volume level. Whenever I take the clip that needs a volume fix
and put it into a new track, fix the volume and copy and paste back
into the original, it goes back to the old volume, as if I never fixed
it. So I'm trying to turn the volume up or down on part of the
recording without the whole thing turning up or down.
Also, I'm trying to figure out how to layer audio. For example, I'm
using a recording of an interview, and some location sound. I want the
location sound over top of the interview, so as to add some interest
to the piece. But whenever I copy and paste the location sound into
the interview clip, it either doesn't do anything, or just puts it at
the beginning of the recording, rather than playing at the same time.
Is there a way to make the two play at the same time?
Ok, I realize this has been a novel, and I apologize. But please let
me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks.
Nick