[aucompsci-discussion] Fwd: Tell your MP that ACS:Law shows the problems with the #DEAct

  • From: Iain Learmonth <adapa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aucompsci-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:36:35 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Killock <jim.killock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Tell your MP that ACS:Law shows the problems with the #DEAct
To: adapa-political@xxxxxxxxxxxx

[image: Logo]

Dear Iain Learmonth,

*Tell your MP that ACS:Law shows why the Digital Economy Act threatens us
all<http://www.e-activist.com:80/ea-campaign/broadcast.response.do?ea.url.id=39761&ea.campaigner.email=ep%2FxeqDELrHbtZ2b8tsYixLCa3f3yIS89hyTm127Uk8=&ea_broadcast_target_id=0>
.*

ACS:Law's leak shows why private agencies collecting people's communications
data is dangerous and threatens our privacy. They have wrongly accused
thousands of people, and now those wrongful accusations are exposed to the
world. Many people's personal lives will have been damaged.

Fundamentally, ACS:Law's methods are the same as what will happen under the
DEA. We think MPs don't realise how many people will be wrongly accused, and
how many people will be wrongly threatened by innaccurate "evidence"
collection.

*And ACS:Law are considering using the Digital Economy Act to pursue "adult"
file
sharers.<http://www.e-activist.com:80/ea-campaign/broadcast.response.do?ea.url.id=39762&ea.campaigner.email=ep%2FxeqDELrHbtZ2b8tsYixLCa3f3yIS89hyTm127Uk8=&ea_broadcast_target_id=0>
*

We have the chance to tell MPs that this is a prime example of what can go
wrong with the Act and what they should do about it.

Thank you for *telling your MP that ACS:Law shows why the Digital Economy
Act threatens us
all<http://www.e-activist.com:80/ea-campaign/broadcast.response.do?ea.url.id=39761&ea.campaigner.email=ep%2FxeqDELrHbtZ2b8tsYixLCa3f3yIS89hyTm127Uk8=&ea_broadcast_target_id=0>
.*

Jim Killock

Executive Director, Open Rights Group

If you wish to opt out of future emails, you can do so
here<http://action.openrightsgroup.org/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=1422&ea.campaign.id=6660>
.

--

Regards,