[aucompsci-announce] auCompSci - This week's stuff

  • From: Iain Learmonth <adapa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aucompsci-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel1@xxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel2@xxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel3@xxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel4@xxxxxxxxxx, swmmalevel1@xxxxxxxxxx, swmmalevel2@xxxxxxxxxx, swmpxlevel1@xxxxxxxxxx, swmpxlevel2@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 13:09:28 +0100

Hi,

We're having another themed night tomorrow, talking about distributed
computing with BOINC.

If you are not yet a member, it is only £3 to join for the year.

We will be talking about how you can harness the power of unused CPU
time on PCs spread all across the world.

Afterwards, if you have your laptop with you, we can help you set up
BOINC on your laptop to donate unused cycles to solving problems such
as curing cancer, fighting AIDS, predicting climate change and
searching for aliens.

See you tomorrow, MacRobert 106 at 6pm.

Iain.

--