[aucompsci-announce] CS1016 assessment in Python

  • From: Iain Learmonth <adapa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aucompsci-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:40:02 +0000

Hello Level 1 CS students,

I've recently started to learn Python and completed your assessment
(which you completed in Java) in Python. While you still have it fresh
in your minds, you can take a look at the code and see if maybe Python
is a language that you too would like to learn. I found that the shift
from Java really wasn't that great at all.

I actually did this two days ago but withheld from sending this email
so that no one would get any hints from my code before the assessment
deadline. No further submissions are being accepted with the
submission system being disabled now, so I can send this email.

I've published both my code, and an example of how it works, on my
blog: http://www.shiftout.com/2010/12/06/starting-with-python/

If you feel like giving it a try, but run into problems, you can
always come and see me at the Computing Science Society, Wednesdays
5pm onwards in MacRobert 106 and I'll see if I can help you out.

Regards,
Iain

--
Iain Learmonth