[aucompsci-announce] AUCS Important Dates

  • From: Iain Learmonth <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aucompsci-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel2@xxxxxxxxxx, swmcslevel3@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:54:17 +0100

Hi,

We're coming up to Freshers' week and I'd like to give you some important dates:

21st September 2011, 11am - 3pm: Societies Fayre, Kings Playing Field
Marquee (the big white tent, should be easy enough to find); Come
along and get signed up for the next year. Membership fee is only £3.
You may also be able to pre-order hoodies, which will cost approx.
£30. More details on the hoddies will be available as soon as I can
organise them which is very much in progress.

28th September 2011, 1pm - 4pm: AUCS Helpdesk, Meston 205
(http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/information/floorplan/show_room?room=205);
First years can attend this session and receive help in installing the
required course software including the Java Development Kit and BlueJ.

28th September 2011, 6pm - late: AUCS open(/dev/night), MacRobert 106
(first floor, last computer lab on the right); Our weekly meeting,
every Wednesday, and this is the first one. There will be a short
introduction from the President, and possibly a talk from someone from
the Rowett Institute about Linux and FOSS (free and open source
software). This is also a great opportunity for you to meet others
studying your course and put forward any ideas you have for anything
you'd like to see the society do.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me.

Hope to see you at these events,
Iain.

--
Iain Learmonth