Re: OpenDevNight this Wednesday: Operating Systems Weird and Wonderful

  • From: Paweł Lasek <pawel.lasek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: au-compsci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 01:37:06 +0100

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 22:40, Mason, Alicia <a.mason.06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> CompSci ladies -
>
> This Wednesday is the second in our new series of OpenDevNights, and this
> time, there's a bunch of amateur talks about operating systems. None of your
> boring-ass Windows vs. MacOS vs. Linux, either - we'll be covering rare,
> obscure and strange systems of all ilks. I'll be covering ReactOS, the
> freeware analogue of Windows. Yeah, free Windows!
> Alicia Mason

Then I'll try to shed a little light over even less known systems -
Plan9 (Unix's successor), Genera (the system of Symbolics' LispM) and
L4. I'll see how much I can prepare till Wednesday. If everything goes
right, I might have running instances for people to play with! :)

--
Paweł Lasek
On #lisp@xxxxxxxxxxxx