[atxgpsig] Re: [atxgpsig]

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atxgpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:44:13 -0600

On Wed, 2006-12-20 at 08:56 -0600, Evan Bell wrote:
> It looks like the SETCODE macro being invoked is missing the first
> argument, or you have an extraneous comma.
>
> You wrote:
>
> SETCODE(, IP, IPaddress, 10, ipEqual(a, b));
>
> Should be:

No, the first argument is empty. That is allowed in macros.

> SETCODE( something goes here , IP, IPaddress, 10, ipEqual(a, b));
>
> Or:
>
> // removed first comma from argument list
> SETCODE( /*,*/ IP, IPaddress, 10, ipEqual(a, b));
>
> I have no experience with net2sets.h, but the code you pasted in your
> email will not compile unless you make one of the above changes. Try
> removing the first comma.

Do you seriously believe that I would post code that I had not compiled?
Or that you are the first person to ever try to use the code?

                Bob Pendleton

> Evan
>

> On 12/20/06, Nasikat Tynaeva <nasishka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         Sorry for disturbing you with such problem...
>         The problem is that when I use NET2 in my project(I have
>         downloaded .zip source ),
>         the compiler generates bunch of errors.
>
>         All problems are of the type:
>         error C2054: expected '(' to follow 'IP'
>         net2sets.h,  line 62
>
>         net2sets.h,  line 62:
>
>         [code]
>
>         SETCODE(, IP, IPaddress, 10, ipEqual(a, b));
>
>         [/code]
>
>         SETCODE is defined in set.h
>         I am new to C macros... I don't know how to fix these errors.
>         If you have time, could you please help me? because project
>         should be done in short time.
>         I am running on Windows XP, SP1, using Visual Studio C++ 7.0
>
>         Thank you  in advance,
>         Nasikat Tynaeva.

+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             +
+ web: www.GameProgrammer.com          +
+ www.Wise2Food.com                    +
+ nutrient info on 7,000+ common foods +