[atxgpsig] Re: Question about game design??

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atxgpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:14:32 -0500

I hoped someone else would jump in and answer you question... The only way
to find your answer is to code up your algorithm in both languages and then
test them to see how well they run. Because performance can be strongly
affected by the performance of the libraries provided by the language
runtime you can find that your code runs faster in the "slower" system
because the run time library is better. The result is often the opposite of
what you expect.

There is no always true answer to your question.

Bob Pendleton

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Matthew Brown <lokislayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just wandered how much performance loss you will lose to C# over C++ due
> to the CLR that is involved when running C# apps??

+ Bob Pendleton: writer and programmer
+ email: Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
+ web: www.TheGrumpyProgrammer.com