[atxgpsig] Re: Meeting this Saturday?

  • From: "Evan Bell" <evanprime@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atxgpsig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 16:18:05 -0600

I have only heard one complaint about the boost library: code size. Since I
have never used it personally, I can neither confirm nor deny this as a real
issue. It probably is a non-issue for PC development.

Evan

On 1/11/07, Matthew Weigel <unique@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bob Pendleton wrote:

> Last fall I started working on Chris's nio project and wound up chasing
> a wild hare exploring what is out there that can make our work easier.
> What I kept coming back to was the boost library (boost.org). Has anyone
> else taken a good hard look at any of that work?

Yeah, boost is pretty nice.  It's not the be-all end-all, but it does a
fantastic job of show-casing the power of C++ to be a better language
through libraries (rather than language features).  What's more
interesting to me is the stuff that has made it from boost to Technical
Report 1, and is available in C++ as std::tr1.
--
Matthew Weigel
hacker