[ats-employment] February 27th Workshop + more

  • From: "Kate Williams" <kate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ats-employment@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 23:32:22 -0800

To all of those who attended the Workshop today (and all of those who could
not!)

We hope that you enjoyed today's presentation by Brian Basham.  I wish to
thank you for your active participation.  Someone made the observation that
we learn from one another. they were so correct.  The questions you posed
were thoughtful and relevant.  We learn much from YOU.

As mentioned, we encourage you to use this forum to keep in touch. share
your successes and ask questions of one another.

Today I received a "blog" from one of my colleagues.  She is writing
specifically for Recruiters.  She should know what she is talking about..
She is a Senior Recruiter for Levi Strauss.  She is also my "go-to" person
if I have a question about LinkedIn.  If you have not joined yet, please do
so.  The rewards are many.  This particular Recruiter uses LinkedIn to
locate candidates for positions at Levi's.  I took the liberty of "lifting"
one of her items from today's Blog.  It may be something you wish to
consider to enhance your profile (remembering that many Recruiters will do
just that.. Check YOU out before they approach you with an opportunity.
(See below)  I know I am going to take her advice!

Need <http://www.therecruiterdiaries.com/2010/02/need-recommendation.html>
a Recommendation?

If you are a user of LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/> , you may know
about a section where you ask former colleagues or friends to write a
recommendation. If you are not familiar with this section, a recommendation
is the same thing as a reference, only shorter and permanent since it's in
print and out there for the world to see. It's a nice little feature that
LinkedIn provides and it gives us Recruiters something nice to read while we
peruse your profile.  I highly recommend that if you have a profile on
LinkedIn, ask a few people to write you a recommendation.  Especially if
that certain someone is a former manager or colleague. The idea is to have
someone attest to your work, again, it's the same thing as a reference. Do
not ask someone who does not know you all that well.   Another plus?  I and
many Recruiters use LinkedIn as our data base from which to recruit
candidates.  One of the first areas of interest for me is the
"Recommendations" feature.  It tells me something about how the persons work
is viewed by others.

Best,

Kate

Kate Williams Consulting