[atari7800] Re: [personal] Re: AW: 7800 cartridge detection

  • From: "Kroko" <Nil.Krokodil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:29:28 +0200

Hi !

I just wanted to let you know, that I now know what the problem is. As
Eckhard told me, some revisions of the 7800 pull down all adress lines
to zero shortly before the real adress is put on the bus. That currently
confuses the Krokodiles way of detecting when an adress is stable.

I modified the Krokodiles Firmware and now it runs on the 7800. But
bankswitched games need the "Anti Glitch" logic, or the bs will not
work reliably.

I will have to think about a way to modify the "Adress Stable" detection
such that this strange 7800 behaviour does not matter ...

Armin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>