[atari7800] Re: [personal] No luck with doing paddles on the 7800

  • From: "Dan Boris" <dboris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:00:40 -0400

I think I see the problem. Here is the code that reads the paddle. When
INPT0 goes high you store Y in paddleVertPos, but as you continue through
the loop you keep de-incrementing Y and since INPT0 stays high you keep
updating paddleVertPos. So when you leave the loop paddleVertPos will always
be either 200 or 0.

DisplayKernel
   ldy #200 - MIN_Y
.kernelLoop