[atari7800] Re: direct indirect headers

  • From: "Ken Siders" <atari8bit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:12:57 -0400

If you *can* use a 5-byte header for direct sprites, a few questions:
Couldn't you then have direct sprites with a width of 32?
I would think so.

Couldn't you then set the write mode for direct sprites, um, directly?
Rather than having to use a dummy 5-byte indirect header?
IIRC, In b*nQ and Beef Drop I only used 5 byte headers for all entries (background and sprites), although I probably could have used a 5 byte header for the first sprite after the background to turn off indirect mode and then switched to four byte headers for remaining sprites in a zone.

--Ken