[atari7800] Why is ZP not clear in this test?

  • From: "Dennis Debro" <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:19:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

Sorry to keep coming up with questions. I must be overlooking something
with my test file. This file does character mode for 2 sets of 4 digits.
What I don't understand is when I run this via my CC2 the numbers don't
start at 0. The documentation states that ZP is shadowed at $2040 - $20FF
so to clear ZP I cleared $2000 - $20FF. Why is this area not clear?

BTW, this is my first 7800 program. As bloated as it is I actually think
I'm understanding now. Thanks for all your help.

Take care,
Dennis