[atari7800] Re: Tile Engine?

  • From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:44:13 -0500

>Is there any demo code available for a simple tile engine?

Manuel,

As you know I'm working on something similar, though it's a ways off (ideally
I'd like a complete tile and sprite engine, but we'll see...). However, since
you're presumably already familiar with the way the 7800 handles graphics (ie:
DLLs) character mode is pretty straightforeward. Myself, I just used Eckhard's
Pokey demo as template (because it prints a bunch of text) and went from there.
It's really pretty simple if you've already got the basics of DLL's and DL's.

Chris...