[atari7800] Sound? Collision detection?

  • From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:02:13 +0100

The more I understand of how 7800 graphics work, the more I think that this
machine is incredible, and Tramiel should burn in hell - if released when it
was ready, I think it would eat NES for the breakfast, and SMS for dinner.
One thing is strange, however. Are you trying to tell me, that a system
which could possibly display 100 objects on the screen, has the same sound
capabilities as 2600? 2 channels? With that lousy limited pitch? Can
something be done with this? I'm a bit surprised (and it isn't nice
surprise).

I have one more question, if I can: how does MARIA handle collision
detection? Do I have to do this in software way?

Maciej