[atari7800] Re: Some questions..

  • From: "Andy Mucho" <m00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 10:23:37 +0100

I missed on on the whole CC2 thing :(
Still, somewhere around the house or loft I've got an original Atari devcard
from when I was writing StarBreaker on the 2600, but I've no idea where it
is, or if it's been lost in a move or something.. =\

My only thoughts were that possibly by writing to the zone list pointers, as
referred to in Maria Specds, to manually extend the screen for how ever much
I needed beyond the 512 byte memory constraint, by firing NMIs off at the
end of each extended zone then manually setting up the zone pointers for the
remainder of the extended screen..

The Maria Specs referred to separate Zone Pointers, and DL pointers, which I
was hoping the zone pointers could be "manipulated", but I can't find them
in the memory map..

Anyway, I'll forget about the longer DLLs for now, as it's not priority #1
right now :)

Andym00