[atari7800] Re: Question about encryption area

  • From: "Dennis Debro" <debrodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:38:50 -0400

Hi Eric,

> The documentation is in error.  The 960 bit digital signature is
> $FF80-$FFF7.  $FFF8/9 = $FF/$x7 is the first pass 2600/7800 identity
> check.
> The most significant nibble of $FFF9 points to the first 4K block which is
> used for the digital signature.  This may be different than the size of
> the
> cart.

Thanks for clarifying this and thanks for being patient with me as I learn.

Sometimes I think everyone understands the 7800 except me. It seems like I'm
the only one that has questions. I guess if I keep asking I will eventually
get comfortable with its architecture. I am getting it even though it's
coming slowly.

Take care,
Dennis