[atari7800] Re: Please help me understand display lists and display list lists

  • From: "heaven tqa" <heaven_tqa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:37:14 +0000

dennis,

just for 1 week i was "in trouble" but it's nearly some sort of same concept
like Sony's PSX ("the primitives list")...

all you should have in mind is that for esp. sprites or grafix you should
store them in RAM in 256 lines order... f.e. if you have a sprite say 32x32
pixel then you would store that on atari in

0-31 bytes line 1
32-63 bytes line 2
etc...

on A7800 you would store them in RAM

0-31 bytes line 1
32-63 bytes line1+256
etc...

so your data is always aligned to 256 bytes long scanlines...that's all...

check out my swinging taquart logo intro on
www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/k_nadj/a7800.html

there you have VBL, DLIs and how to arrange your gfx...

cheers & good luck

>From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [atari7800] Please help me understand display lists and display
>list lists
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:16:19 -0500
>
>Hi all,
>
>From my understanding the 7800 processes graphics on a line by line bases.
>So you're only limited in the amount of sprites per line by how long it
>takes you to draw them. I've done this (sort of) on the A8 with different
>ANTIC modes (such as ANTIC E and ANTIC F) but it's still going to take some
>getting use to. I've also dealt with display lists in the A8 for so long
>that I still can't get a grasp on to the 7800 concept. Anyone know of a way
>that would help me understand it better? A number of you come from the A8
>environment. Did any of you have trouble getting this? If so, how did you
>overcome it?
>

>Take care,
>Dennis

Schützen Sie Ihren Posteingang vor unerwünschten E-Mails.
http://www.msn.de/antispam/prevention/junkmailfilter Jetzt
Hotmail-Junk-Filter aktivieren!