[atari7800] Please help me understand display lists and display list lists

  • From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:16:19 -0500

Hi all,

From my understanding the 7800 processes graphics on a line by line bases.
So you're only limited in the amount of sprites per line by how long it
takes you to draw them. I've done this (sort of) on the A8 with different
ANTIC modes (such as ANTIC E and ANTIC F) but it's still going to take some
getting use to. I've also dealt with display lists in the A8 for so long
that I still can't get a grasp on to the 7800 concept. Anyone know of a way
that would help me understand it better? A number of you come from the A8
environment. Did any of you have trouble getting this? If so, how did you
overcome it?

Take care,
Dennis