[atari7800] Re: PAL palette

  • From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:44:58 +0100

Two questions for those people with PAL setups:
1. Is the PAL 7800 palette similar to the 2600, i.e. colors 0,1,14 & 15
grey, even/odd color bands, see
http://cuddlepuddle.org/~adam/videopal.cgi?pal=1 ?
2. Any obvious equivalent colors (like 1 ~= 15 on NTSC) ?

No, in MARIA mode the palettes of the NTSC 7800 and the PAL 7800 seem to be pretty much the same. The only difference is that PAL TVs don't have a tint control, and that the red-green balance (that's what 'tint' controls, right?) is fixed a bit on the greener side.

I tried Atari's palette test program on my NTSC 7800 connected
to a multi-standard TV. When I shift the tint slider so much
toward the 'green' side that the turquises move down one row,
then I get about the same palette as when I use Atari's palette
test program on my PAL 7800 connected to the same TV.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg