[atari7800] Odp: Re: Sound? Collision detection?

  • From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 15:53:10 +0100

I'm not telling that Atari is superior to everything. But look at A2600 and
Odyssey 2 - if O2 would be released before 2600, it'd have chance of
"spreading wings" and showing all it's capabilities. Who knows, maybe now
all of us 2600 freaks would be O2 freaks, and Atari - yes, I heard something
about a thing called "VCS", but it died fast, and had few interesting
games...

The same could be with 7800 and NES - the 7800 was equally powerful, if not
superior to the NES. As a child I was crazy about NES (or rather a Famicom
clone called Pegasus, which is more famous here in Poland) and it still
impresses me - but easily I could imagine that the winner could be the
7800 - which, despite it's lack of popularity, is an incredible machine.