[atari7800] Re: Odp: Re: Compiling

  • From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:34:27 +0100

I've never actually seen this logo.  Are there some consoles that
don't display it?

The PAL 7800 has Asteroids in the ROM instead of the signature key test with the logo display. Also I think games can suppress the logo display by putting a 3 instead of a 7 in the high nibble of the 7800 game ID byte at $FFF9.

And 2600 games get sorted out before the signature key check, so
the logo isn't display for them. If all you ever played on your
7800 was 2600 games, then that would explain why you don't remember
ever seeing the logo.

(I've since modded mine to DevOS 0.2, so I don't think I have any
hope of actually seeing it on a real console unless I buy another
one)

If you have socketed the DevOS EPROM, you could burn the original BIOS on another EPROM and put it back into your 7800 to try out the logo display.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg