[atari7800] Odp: Re: Aw: Re: Mode 160B don't works for me...

  • From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 16:18:34 +0100

> The last 5 bits in the 4th byte of each 5-byte DL header are supposed
> to contain the width in "bytes of graphics data". Since you have
> 2 pixels per byte and you are spacing your objects in steps of 32 pixels,
> you need to set a width of 16 here. The width has to be specified in
> 2's complement form.

Ehhh... may I ask something? (forgive me my stupid questions) I don't quite
understand it: in the software guide I read that 5 byte DLs are for
"indirect", aka "character" mode, and 'width' here means how many characters
should be displayed. And here you say something different. Where lies the
truth?

Maciej