[atari7800] Re: New Kid on the Block...

  • From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:02:31 +0200

Hi there!

Ah... the magical attraction of contests...
contest ?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59669

As I understand it, a title screen would basically be one single giant
sprite. No, wait. An object can be 32 "Byte Wide", so that is 64 pixels
in "160B", right? So I'd have 2 64 and 1 32 pixel wide sprites.

don't think in sprites, think in zones...a zone can be at most 16 scanlines high, so you have to divide things up vertically aswell, not only horizontally...

Aha. Phew... interesting techniques here...

I understand Dans docs thus far that I can have 4 color bits here per
pixel in "160B", but nowwhere it says which bit combinations target
which of the 24 color registers.

all this is explained (nicely) in the atari 7800 software guide:
http://www.classic-games.com/atari7800/softguide.html

Ok, thanks for the pointer!

Greetings,
        Manuel