[atari7800] Re: New Kid on the Block...

  • From: Thomas Mathys <mathys66@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:09:50 +0200

hello

Ah... the magical attraction of contests...

contest ?

As I understand it, a title screen would basically be one single giant
sprite. No, wait. An object can be 32 "Byte Wide", so that is 64 pixels
in "160B", right? So I'd have 2 64 and 1 32 pixel wide sprites.

don't think in sprites, think in zones...a zone can be at most 16 scanlines high, so you have to divide things up vertically aswell, not only horizontally...

I understand Dans docs thus far that I can have 4 color bits here per
pixel in "160B", but nowwhere it says which bit combinations target
which of the 24 color registers.

all this is explained (nicely) in the atari 7800 software guide: http://www.classic-games.com/atari7800/softguide.html

cheers
thomas