[atari7800] Re: Mode 160B now almost works for me...

  • From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:51:10 +0100

Hi there!

Ok, after much sweating I get now something displayed, that (colors aside) is already very close to the orignal picture I started with.

There's still some issues though. I attached a screenshot, where you can see what I mean. There's a flaw in the head of the snake and there's also some garbage in the "u" of Rogue. And also there's those weird orange lines.

Well, I think my data is ok this time, so I fear the problem resides on the 7800 side of things again.

After some research, I found that these flaws happen, where I cross a 4K block within a DL, as in:

.byte   $E0,%11000000,$90,%10001001,0
.byte   $F0,%11000000,$90,%10001001,32
.byte   $00,%11000000,$A0,%10001001,64
.byte   $10,%11000000,$A0,%10001001,96
.byte   $20,%11000000,$A0,%10001001,128
.byte   $00,$00

The zone here where I'm switching from $90XX to $A0XX is precisely the head of the snake.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong here? I'm crossing no page boundries here...

Greetings,
        Manuel