[atari7800] Re: Any projects going on yet?

  • From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <atari7800@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:50:31 -0500

Hi John,

> So, I think I'd like to start off by asking:
> 1) Who's on this list?

I'm here :-)

> 2) So, why did you join this list anyway?

I'm interested in the 7800 architecture. I think it's a nice machine and
wish Atari would have pushed more than they did. I've played the games =
and
think their great (graphics and game play). When the 7800 came out I =
wasn't
really watching the video game market so it went right past me. When I =
got
into retro gaming I saw this system had 2600 support right out of the =
box so
I decided to look into it.

I think this system could have given Nintendo a run for it's money if it =
had
been given a chance. Also I think the system has a lot of potential
(software and hardware).

Also since there is not much know about this system the mystery of it is
intriguing.

Take care,
Dennis