[asvs] Re: When Would Synthetic Vision be Useful?

  • From: "Jerry Weichbrodt" <gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:05:36 -0400

Hi Will,
Granted you can't adjust details of sound positioning in terms of where
sound hits the outer ear with bone conduction transducers, but you can't do
that with most headsets, either, unless you happen to have one of those
quadraphonic headsets from years gone by, or am I overlooking something?

As for what was displayed:  It was in many cases web pages--modern ones with
the nav bars here and there, perhaps a tree display of information, and
suchlike.  Some of the other diagrams I was given to think were perhaps UML
diagrams.  The speaker said they were similar to flow charts but with
different meanings for diamonds, triangles, and so on.

I stilll have trouble featuring really listening to stuff like this and
having it make sense, but, assuming it's possible, it seems to me it would
have tremendous potential in business and academic settings.

Regards,
Jerry