[asvs] Re: When Would Synthetic Vision be Useful?

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:16:51 -0400

Peter, Glad to see you on the list!

Johnnie Apple Seed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Zorro" <blindfold@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 1:02 PM
Subject: [asvs] Re: When Would Synthetic Vision be Useful?

Hi Kevin and all,

I have enjoyed many discussions with Dr. Leslie Kay. His sonar
systems, KASPA and SonicGuide, are subject to the very same
inherent ambiguity for symmetric object views. This is resolved
only by the user by moving or turning around to break any such
symmetries. Moving or turning around is of course just another
form of (manual in this case) scanning.

Best wishes,

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe