[asvs] Re: When Would Synthetic Vision be Useful?

  • From: Zorro <blindfold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:02:31 +0200

Hi Kevin and all,

I have enjoyed many discussions with Dr. Leslie Kay. His sonar
systems, KASPA and SonicGuide, are subject to the very same
inherent ambiguity for symmetric object views. This is resolved
only by the user by moving or turning around to break any such
symmetries. Moving or turning around is of course just another
form of (manual in this case) scanning.

Best wishes,

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe