[asvs] Re: When Would Synthetic Vision be Useful?

  • From: Zorro <blindfold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:30:27 +0200

Hi Will and all,

 > Further examination over time showed that the subject's brain
 > had remapped to the new HRTF whilst still being able to
 > additionally function with the old one.

Yes, I know of this research. Moreover, this is exactly why
The vOICe auditory synthetic vision approach *intentionally*
uses an HRTF map different from your or anyone's own pinnae,
to aid in auditory stream segragation from any environmental
sounds as well as for increased internal sound separation...

Best regards,

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe
http://www.seeingwithsound.com