[asvs] Re: The Concept & Development Road Map

  • From: Zorro <blindfold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 02:30:11 +0200

Hi Sina,

 > Well I did not use stereo headphones...but I tried it
 > on a 6.1 surround sound system...and just my laptop...
 > which definitely has stereo.

Surround sound is killing: the added acoustics are very
bad for our purposes - even though it may sound nice.
Stereo headphones are the only way to go, with any 3D
audio or similar feature of your sound card turned off.
The vOICe uses its own sound renderings, in a delicate
trade-off between good and bad effects of spatial sound.
That said, there may of course also be personal hearing
differences.

In any case, thanks for trying.

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe