[asvs] Re: The Concept & Development Road Map

  • From: Zorro <blindfold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 21:15:34 +0200

Hi Sina and all,

Did you set your sound player or media player to loop the sound?
In the beginning you will need to hear the soundscapes a number
of times to hear out all the visual details that they contain.
Did you use stereo headphones? Loudspeakers spoil the details.

The image is scanned from left to right, which pitch for height and
loudness for brightness. There is a curve going up and down and
up again, and so does its pitch: it sounds as a single tone with
pitch going up and down and up again. In the same image there are
three little bright squares at the lower left, which you hear on
your left side at low pitch, with the leftmost two at the same
height, hence having the same pitch with a very brief pause in
between, and the third one a little higher, hence at somewhat
higher pitch. At the bottom right of the image there are two little
squares, again at low pitch but sounding on your right side. The
rightmost square lies lowest, hence giving lowest pitch. Finally,
also at the right but at a high position, there is a row of five
little squares, all at the same height, hence all with the same
high pitch with brief interruptions separating them. So in total
there are three plus two plus five is ten little squares, and the
curve.

Best wishes,

Peter Meijer

Seeing with Sound - The vOICe