[asvs] Re: The Concept & Development Road Map

  • From: "david poehlman" <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:14:31 -0400

Unfortunately, when dealing with visual representations, we are constrained
by what can be processed and how it can be processed.  Whilst sterio
headphones are not necessarily required for the experience from the vOICe,
it is desireable and ultimately best to use stereo headphones due to the
nature of the information being delivered such that if you are to read
braille using a computer, a braille display is required but not quite to the
same extent.  Headphones cancel out bleed effects and also make for better
separation of sounds.  It is also likely that if you are using this
technology in a highly portable way, you will want to use headphones for a
variety of reasons.

Johnnie Apple Seed