[asvs] Re: Concept and others thoughts

  • From: Grigori Evreinov <grse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: asvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:33:14 +0300

Hi Will,

However, to get the functionality of sight…
With the exception of aesthetics, we only use sight to
gather meaning from the environment. For example, how wide is the gap,
which is determined by visual analysis of the spatial relationships between
two objects, or where's that mug of coffee in relation to my hand.

Yes, I talk the same. By other words, it is not necessary to fill the gap
by chord of frequencies when only the start point or line and the end
point or line
could be presented with sound.
Other frequencies are the “noise” in such a case,
while a timbre of sounds could also be useful for imaging the deepness
of the gap, for instance.
Additional or “aesthetic” info could be announced with speech cues.
Somehow, you are considering a sonification of interaction and navigation.
But the objects’ description is considered like aesthetics.

Grigori