[associates] Standing Wheelchairs

  • From: "Paquin, Gregory J" <GPaquin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <associates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:01:10 -0800

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question regarding "Standing Wheelchairs"
Does anyone have a policy regarding the use of standing wheelchairs as a
driving platform.

We have not been using them because of the significance of the disability that
would use this type of wheelchair and higher level of sensitivity of the
driving controls don't match with the lack of rigidity of the standing
wheelchair.

Thanks for any input.
Regards,
Gregory J Paquin
Rehabilitation Engineer
California Department of Rehabilitation
Mobility Evaluation Program
9720 S. Norwalk Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Ph:562-941-8295 c:562-818-2951
F:562-941-8719
gpaquin@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.dor.ca.gov/mep/

This e-mail communication, including any attachments is for the sole use of the
intended recipients.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, duplication, or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or if you
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments, if applicable, from your
system.