[askdba] Re: [dba_gurus] how to re create index

  • From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mizan rahman <callhimel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:43:18 -0800 (PST)

Mizan,

You should know about the Recovery procedure and had a hot backup of index
tablespace datafile/s and you have not lost anything.
Else

Lets first get your index up and runing,  as I had mentioned in my previous
email.  Than,

You have to offline your table space index and than remove your tablespace and
recreate it.

, Choice is your how you want to follow the recovery,

Nisar Tareen '

mizan rahman <callhimel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Nisar,

in fact i delete the physical index data file from unix os leve, using rm -f
the table space index01 is there,  the physical index01.dbf not in place.
the owner of the data base is 'bios'

Thanks
mizan
Nisar Tareen <ntareen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mizan,

I hope you mean that you have deleted the  index tablesapce,   If yes than it
should not be a problem.

 1 -   Create new table space.
  2 -   Rebuild all the indexes in this new tablespace.
 3 -    Following script should help you .

--  Nisar Tareen
--  REbuild  index  for Oracle Financial    Nov. 1998

set termout off;
set pagesiz  3000;
-- set feedback off;
set linesiz  100;
set heading off;
-- set echo off;
spool  Run_rebuild_index.sql
select  'alter index ' || owner || '.'||  index_name || ' rebuild unrecoverable
tablespace user_ind_data;'
from dba_indexes
where owner in  ( 'EDBADM')
order by owner;
spool off;
spool  rebuild_index_Trutrack.log
@Run_rebuild_index.sql;
spool off;

Nisar Tareen

mizan rahman <callhimel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

mistekenly deleted the index dbf from os directory, now the data base still
running, how to re create bac all the indexes.

please give a hand

thanks in advance
Mizan

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT